Tuesday 23 April 2019

First champ final and almost a ticket...!

Last weekend we made the trek to Wales to do Wye Valley champ show. I had made the promise to Spark that I wouldn't be a fairy and would run her like I do in training! I like the courses the judge sets which really helps in giving me confidence and when we walked the jumping I really liked it.
 We went for it and ended up with a pole down for a late front cross but we would have been 3rd time wise behind two dogs who have phenomenal turns out of straight tunnels!



Brooke and Matt did a lovely run but unfortunately got 10 faults for two tunnels refusals, she was running so well though. Bru had a couple of plays in the ring, he isn't ready for 12 weaves in the ring yet but the lovely judges let him take his own line. Here is one of his runs...the grass was up to his tummy! Brodie wasn't running as he had an anal gland abscess burst the day before and had been sedated at the vets poor Toad!



In champ agility we all groaned when we saw the weave entry! It was hard and trappy but Matt and I decided to try scooping it to block the jump. Matt and Brooke did an awesome run and she found the weave entry and then popped out of the weaves! But the rest was beautiful including the pull thru at the start!



Spark did a cracking run and found the weave entry no problem but missed the dog walk so ended up with 5f in the fastest time! My fault as I haven't really been training turns on her running dog walk recently!

Turns out that Spark and I made it to the champ final!! 🎉🎉🎉 I really liked the course but the dog walk exit was really hard so I decided to use a stop. The bit I was most worried about was the end where you have to pull them off a jump and be there to support a wing wrap. I had made a conscious decision not the front cross the second to last jump as I thought she might take the pole. Well did a stunning stopped dog walk and I made it to support the wing wrap! Simple two last jumps to go and she bypassed the last jump to get her toy out of the box 😆 She would have won the ticket by well over two seconds!! Cue a huge groan from the crowd and the judge!! I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that I didn't front cross that jump but I was thrilled with how she worked and her times...most of all I was thrilled that we made the final and I didn't throw up with nerves! Here is the video...




No comments:

Post a Comment